We always rigorously review and vet brands before recommending them.
We also add our Ecothes Opinion to certain articles, especially in our Brand Ratings category.
This is a score between 0 and 5, that takes factors like the following into consideration:
- Material choice and production process
- Factory choice and transparency
- How the brand treats their workers
- Whether a brand gives back to their community
- Sustainability certifications and qualifications a brand has
We also acknowledge that we’re not perfect. There is always a chance that after we recommend a brand, they lose a certification or change their process without us immediately noticing.
Because of this, we’d always recommend reading through a brand’s website or getting in touch with them if you’re unsure about purchasing from them.
If you notice a recommendation that has outdated information, make sure to leave a friendly comment letting us know. We regularly review and update our recommendations when we have new information on a brand.
Where possible, we try to test real brands and products to give our honest feedback. Here are some examples of our brand reviews:
- 8000Kicks Review: The World’s First Hemp Sneakers
- Allbirds Tree Dasher 2.0 Review
- Colorful Standard Sweatpants and Hoodie Review
- Colorful Standard Shorts Review
- Terra Thread Bag Review
- Tropicfeel Shell Backpack Review
- BeFlamboyant Vegan Sneakers Review
- Fulton Sustainable Insoles Review
- Organic Basics Tee Review
- Allbirds Natural Leggings Review
- Allbirds Camp Shirt and Shorts Review
- WORON Ethical Underwear Review
We’re always adding new eco-friendly product reviews, so make sure to check back soon.